Abstract Submission Deadline: February 29, 2024
- Abstracts will be reviewed by the ICEC-29/ICMC 2024 Program Committee who reserves the right to change the type of presentation from that preferred by the author to accommodate limitations on meeting space and other constraints.
- All abstracts submitted are disclosed to members of the ICEC-29/ICMC 2024 Program Committee and Conference Management. Abstracts accepted for presentation are made available publicly with launching the full Conference program prior to the Conference.
- Submitting author email addresses will be added to the ICEC-29/ICMC 2024 email list (if not already on the list) to ensure that Conference announcements are received.
- All authors identified as speaker/presenting author on the submitted abstract must register for the Conference and be present at the Conference to present their work.
- Abstract Submission Deadline: February 29, 2024. Abstracts that are not submitted by the deadline will only be considered at the discretion of the Program Chairs.
- Notice of acceptance for inclusion in the ICEC-29/ICMC 2024 Program will be sent electronically to all authors by April 1st 2024.
- The abstract submission and acceptance notification will be sent to the submitting author as well as all co-authors. All future notifications regarding the presentation will be sent to the presenting author/speaker only.
- Acceptance of an abstract for presentation does not guarantee publication in the Conference transactions.
- Presentation is a requirement for a submitted paper to be considered for peer review. This includes presentations in oral or poster format. The presentation should be given at the appointed time in the program, by the designated author or co-author (presenter). Only papers based on material presented in an oral presentation or on a poster will be considered for publication. For posters, the word “presented” means that the presenting author must be present during the entire session and available for discussion. The abstract submitter will become the contact author for the paper submission.
- The ID assigned to a submitted abstract is the primary means of identifying an abstract until the final program is published. Please use the abstract ID in any correspondence concerning abstracts until a program number has been issued.
Abstract Submission Preparation & Information
- All abstracts (and papers) must address an aspect of cryogenic engineering and cryogenic materials research. The subject matter should be technically oriented and feature new, original developments in cryogenic engineering or materials. Abstracts must be written in the English language and must make logical arguments based on scientific or engineering methods. The Program Committee reserves the right to reject abstracts that do not conform to these guidelines.
- Abstract submission checklist:
- Ensure the abstract contains sufficient information for the Program Committee to determine its scientific quality.
- Ensure the abstract addresses an aspect of cryogenic engineering or cryogenic materials research.
- Ensure your abstract is scientifically meaningful or otherwise descriptive of a substantial development.
- During submission, authors will be requested to place their abstracts in a technical submission sub-category.
- Abstract Content – required:
- Abstract title:
- Capitalize only the first word in a paper title, except for proper nouns and element symbols.
- Abstract body & acknowledgment:
- Plain text
- Word count limit: 650
- List of authors:
- All authors must be added to the abstract submission with a valid email address and an affiliation.
- If authors are from the same affiliation, please check that affiliations are listed identically.
- Contact information is required for the Submitting Author and the Presenting Author/Speaker (which may be, but are not necessarily, the same person).
- Authors are responsible for the accuracy of all submitted information.
- Abstract title:
- Abstract submission author account:
- To submit an abstract and for all further follow-up actions, such as submission of your oral presentation, you must login to the ICEC-29/ICM 2024 Indico submission site.
- Create (or log-in to) your Indico access account, via the Home organization (eduGAIN) or via the External email (Guest access) button (see below).
- If you have login difficulties, please contact the CERN Service Desk by email at email@example.com and be sure to include the ICEC 29/ICMC 2024 conference ID: 1296489.
Abstract Changes & Withdrawals
- Abstract Changes:
- If you need to make changes to your submitted abstract prior to the submission deadline, please login to the submission site and click on the “Abstract Submission” link in the left side navigation; click on the appropriate abstract title further below on the page, then click on the pencil (edit) button in the upper right corner.
- If you need to make changes to your submitted abstract after the submission deadline, please contact the Conference Administration by email. Be sure to include your abstract submission ID number.
- Abstract title and content changes will be accepted until June 1st, 2024.
- Presenting author changes during the Conference: Please advise the staff in the Publication Office in the Geneva Conference Center.
- Abstract Withdrawals:
- Abstracts can be withdrawn via the abstract submission site through February 29, 2024 (abstract submission deadline). Click on the “Abstract Submission” link, select the abstract you wish to withdraw further below on the page and click on the abstract title, then click withdraw.
- Withdrawal requests after February 29 2024 must be made via email.
- Withdrawals during the Conference: Please advise the staff in the Publication Office at the Geneva Conference Center.
ICEC SUBMISSION CATEGORIES
ICEC 1 - Large scale refrigeration and liquefaction
ICEC 2 - Cryocoolers, magnetic coolers and other coolers
ICEC 3 - Expanders, pumps, compressors, regenerators and other components
ICEC 4 - Cryogenic applications: cryocoolers
ICEC 5 - Cryogenic applications: aerospace
ICEC 6 - Cryogenic applications: hydrogen and LNG systems
ICEC 7 - Applications: Cryogenic Applications: power application and power transmission lines
ICEC 8 - Cryogenic applications: quantum systems and materials
ICEC 9 - Cryogenic applications: biological, medical and food
ICEC 10 - Cryogenic applications: large magnet systems
ICEC 11 - Instrumentation and process control
ICEC 12 - Thermal properties and numerical studies
ICEC 13 - Safety Reliability and Standards
ICEC 14 - New devices and novel concepts
ICMC SUBMISSION CATEGORIES
ICMC 1 – NbTi/Nb3Sn/MgB2 materials and wires processing and properties
ICMC 2 – Re BCO/BSCCO/IBS materials and wires processing and properties
ICMC 3 – Bulk material processing, properties and applications
ICMC 4 – Superconducting cables processing properties
ICMC 5 – Thin films, multilayers, electronics, materials, processing and properties
ICMC 6 – Flux-pinning, Magnetization and AC losses modelling and experiments
ICMC 7 – Superconductor Stability, Propagation and Quench Protection
ICMC 8 – Stress & Strain & Radiation effects, Aging, Fatigue and life cycle analysis
ICMC 9 – Insulation & Impregnation materials, processing and properties
ICMC 10 – Structural and 3D printed materials processing and properties
ICMC 11 – Aircraft and Space application, materials and properties
ICMC 12 – Hydrogen technology materials, structures and techniques
ICMC 13 – Cryogenic Power Electronics materials, devices and properties
ICMC 14 – Cryogenic microelectronics, photonics, sensors and detectors
ICMC 15 – Cryogenic materials and devices testing, methods and standards